Friday, August 03, 2007

Verse of the Day Encourages Me and Vacation Plans

1 Samuel 16:7
But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.

I'm glad this is today's Verse of the Day. This is a verse I need to remember when I'm feeling down about myself, thinking "I wish I looked like this, I wish my nose weren't so big, and my laugh wasn't so boisterous" and all that other negative junk I start to think about myself at times. True, this verse is saying that Samuel should NOT like such and such person because his heart is not pure or kind, but I think then the opposite would be true. "Yeah, so-and-so may not look so hot on the outside, but man! She has a heart full of love and she's really super on the inside, so don't look at her with your human eye, look on her with Mine." Yep, that's the thing I take from this verse, and it really comforts me.

In other news, I just got approval from my boss today for the vacation days I requested off. Yay! So, my and Jamie's Thanksgiving plans this year are to fly to NYC to see my brother and his girlfriend on Nov. 17, then on Nov. 21 we'll fly to KY to see relatives from my mom's side of the family, and also to see my "adopted" family, the Meadors! YAY!!!!!! Jamie and I are planning on going to see "the Music People" with them on Turkey Day. YAY! Love to you all, and thank you for the gift of hospitality!!!!!

1 comment:

Tooz said...

Hey, girl! We're glad you're coming! Love you all.