Friday, August 10, 2007

I'm So Proud of Me!

I'm done, I'm done, I'm done done done done done!!!!!!!!!!!!! On Wednesday, I completed and submitted my Capstone Research Project, which included a 10 pp. research paper, PowerPoint presentation giving the highlights of my research paper, an annotated bibliography, a self-assessment and a summary of dialogues from the whole semester.

Yesterday I posted my five critiques of other peoples' papers and completed the two assignments for my sociology class. Not only that, but then Jamie unloaded the dishwasher and helped me reload it and run it, then we dragged out the vacuum and swept all the common areas of the house, THEN we mopped all the tile floors. The house we are renting is 1,600 sq. ft, and about 85% of it is tile floors! I'd been so wrapped up in school that I let the condition of the house get away from me. So, after all the homework was done, I thought to myself "I can't STAND this house anymore!" So, we cleaned. It looks pretty, and smells nice too. Now, I gotta go get ready for work.

UPDATE 08/11/2007:

Just found out I got a 95 (A) for the semester in my English class! Woo hoooooo! I only got an 89 on the research paper, but that's okay, because that's pretty much what it deserved. It was a good paper, but it wasn't by any means a great paper. Anyway, it all worked out 'cause I still got an A. Yay!

I don't know yet the final grade for my Sociology class, but I'm pretty confident that it, too, will be an A.

And on an unrelated note, the cleaning continues. Jamie and I are getting ready to take a quick jaunt to Wally World to get some stronger hooks so we can hang up his hammock. We'll be using the hammock to hang up all his stuffed animals.

7 comments:

Tooz said...

Jenn, you are so good at getting things done when you have a deadline! I am really impressed. I'm glad you have a nice, clean house. It's a great feeling, isn't it! Love you and your helper.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

We love you great big bunches, too!

Yeah, I have to have the pressure of a deadline or else it doesn't get done. That's just the way my clock ticks, I guess. And having a clean house is nice, but only the common areas are clean. On the agenda this weekend is going through all of Jamie's toys to give away the ones he has outgrown, going through his clothes to get an itemized list of what he'll need this school year, mowing the grass (I might do that tonight), weedeating (tomorrow morning), mucking out my nasty room and getting it all organized for once and for all. Then, after all THAT gets done, you know what I'm gonna do?

I'm gonna sit on my butt and read solely for the pleasure of reading. Not because I have to do an assigment on it, not because I have to write a paper on it, not because I have to at all, but just because I want to. Sounds nice, doesn't it?

Tooz said...

Yes it does sound nice. Enjoy it.

Becca said...

Woot! Awesome!

Animal said...

Congrats on your stellar grades & spotless floors!

Suze said...

from your cheering section in madtown:

WOOHOO!!! GOOOOOOO JENN!!!

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Thank you, thank you (bowing from the waist like an overzealous cartoon maestro). Still waiting on the grade from my sociology class. Grrrrrr! I'm pretty sure it's an "A", but still... plus, they need to hurry up and post my grades so I can see what my GPA is.

But thank you all for cheering me on! When I disgusted with how mentally tired I always am, or how I never have time to do the things I want to do, well, it's nice to come back and read the comments of my cheering section. So, seriously, thank you.