Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Play in Catsup

Yes folks, that's a pun. (I didn't say it was a good one, I just said it was a pun).

Lots of stuff to post, but have to do it quickly. Don't really have time to post, but there are lots of things on my mind that I want to get out of my head. I guess you could say my blog is my own personal pensieve. But no, I don't see myself as Dumbledore. I'm not wise enough.

Anyhoo - Jamie and I have found a new church. For quite a while, I'd been disturbed by the prevailing attitude of my old church, and started to feel it's very bigness (which I had previously thought of as a plus) was more of a major minus, in that I felt Jamie and I were falling down the cracks. So we stopped going. I'd been contemplating whether to try this other church I'd heard about and researched and finally two Sundays ago Jamie and I went. Rachel and Destiny went with us. Well, I loved it (so did Rachel). But I didn't want to make any committments or say anything about it until I had been again. Well, went back again this last Sunday, and I still love it. So it looks like my new church home is The Vineyard Church of San Antonio. Yep, that's what I said. It's a Vineyard church.

Just wanted to share that joyful news and I'll blog more later, I promise folks! Lots of other stuff brewing in the brain, but I'm on a time crunch at work.

Love y'all!

5 comments:

Suze said...

i know nothing about vineyard churches...anyone care to enlighten me?
glad you found one you like, jenn!

Tooz said...

Ooooh, Suze. You set yourself up for some info. There are several Vineyard attenders who comment regularly on this website.

Jenn, I'm glad you have a church. Please get into a house group--that's where a lot of discipling takes place in the Vineyard churches. It's also where a lot of wonderful, close friendships are formed. And be sure that Jamie has activities to attend. Love you.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Unfortunately, there are no housegroups that meet near my house. Even the ones further away meet from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Way too late for me to keep Jamie out and about. So for now, I won't be joining a house group.

And Suze, info on Vineyard churches can be found at www.vineyardusa.org.

Suze said...

so i checked out that website and you have to pay them to read the statement of faith...which i'm not going to do... so i just read the brief history and the vineyard "genetic code." i'm interested in what happens with the "physical healing" aspect of the vineyard experience? is it at all similar to reiki?

anyway, i'm glad you found a good church, jenn.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

There's a downloadable statement of faith brochure for free. It's link is kind of hard to see. It's just above the statement of faith brochure order form. But it's there, I promise! I wouldn't make you pay for something, Suze!

Love ya big bunches!