Thursday, June 21, 2012

Comicon

This Friday, I will be taking my son and five of his friends to the Texas Comicon. None have ever been. Jamie and a few of his friends are just starting to get into comics. All of them love Star Wars, Star Trek, and various other sci-fi franchises. The good thing about this con is that it encompasses more than just comics. A musical theatre troop will be performing a stage version of "Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog," for one thing. For another, scheduled guests include Cary Elwes, Mark Sheppard and Jim Beaver. There will be light saber battles, yo! All of our geek hearts are going pitter patter over this, I can assure you! I will post with a run down of the event and lots of pictures this weekend!

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I will send you a dollar if you ask Mark Sheppard to marry me.

No, seriously, I've always wanted to go to a con. Have a great time!!