Wednesday, September 29, 2010

More Grad School Miscellany

I've gotten approval from the district to do observations in the classroom.  As an added bonus, one of the teachers I'll be observing is Jamie's reading teacher from last year.  If all goes well, my first observation day will be Oct. 4.  Yesterday, I went and got some comfortable shoes that are dressy enough to wear to church, to do field observations in and for actual teaching, but comfortable enough that standing in them will not be a problem.  I'm also going to go this weekend to find some more professional-looking clothes to wear for observations and once student teaching comes around.  What I currently wear to work is polos embroidered with the company logo and jeans.  I don't think that is quite what the district would want teachers in training to wear!  I'm haunting the thrift stores and looking out for stuff on sale.  I don't want to spend a fortune!

Anyway, I just wanted to add this quick note so you all know I'm not dead and am, indeed, still alive and well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, message me on Facebook with your size, if you'd like/don't mind.

Betwixt me and my friends, we may be getting rid of stuff. (Now, I know I'm larger than you, but I don't know that my cousins are... we have a pretty decent range.)