Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's Official - I'm Getting Sick

Each September, I get sick.  I don't know if it's allergies attacking me, germs my kid brings home from school, or what, but it never fails that I get downright ill at some point during September.  I've had a few scares this month with getting ill in a 24 hour period or getting a scratchy throat that never turned into something worse, but it all resolved itself fairly quickly enough that I thought I might, just might, slip past the month of September without getting too ill.  But this past weekend, I noticed I was feeling more tired, irritable and discombobulated than normal.  Then yesterday, I felt like I was moving in a fog.  And now today I've started with the coughing, phlegm in my chest, runny nose, body hurting all over, mildly feverish and just generally feeling like crapola.  September, why do you keep doing this to me?!?!?

May I go home and crawl into bed now, please?  Or better yet, would someone please shoot me and then resurrect me when the germs all go away?

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I used to get sick every February. I nearly always got strep. I hope you feel better soon and that this is your last sick September.