Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Update!

Much has happened since the last time I blogged. Let's see, where should I begin?

1. Rachel's grades were posted yesterday. I'm very very proud of her! Three A's and two B's. Way to go Rachel! Woo hoo!!!!!!!

2. Dad has returned from his "vacation" and Jamie and I are supposed to go down to see him Saturday afternoon, spend the night, do a mini Christmas gift opening Christmas Eve morning, then come back in time for our Christmas Eve service at church. While we're at Dad's, he's sending me to Wally World with some $$ so I can pick out a present for "Papaw" to give to Jamie. At least this way, Jamie will get something he likes. Now I just have to figure out what Jamie and I are giving Dad for Christmas. Any suggestions? (Last year, I gave him a calendar with pictures of donkeys. He said he wanted and needed a calendar, so I got him one that was suitable to the way he was behaving at this time last year. He didn't get the joke. I still grin every time I see it!)

3. My illness is still lingering on. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. And I don't think it's quite healthy to have lost 10 pounds in less than a week. The doctor's office says it's just a virus and will pass. But since when do viruses last almost a week with no sign of getting better? Oh, well. I'll get over it eventually.

4. Bonus day off! My boss decided that, instead of us working a half day this Friday, he didn't want to come in so the whole office is going to be closed Friday in addition to Monday. Woo hoo! And, he's treating us to a company Christmas lunch on Thursday (which means we'll be shutting down the office for at least a couple of hours that day, too). I have a nice boss (remind me of this next time I start grumbling about my job, okay?) We also have stockings at work with each person's name on them, and we all have been contributing presents to our coworkers' stockings. We get to take them home on Thursday after work.

5. I have a wonderful, generous son. He has proven to me, and his teachers and classmates, over and over again that he's growing up to be a wonderful boy. I'm very proud of my sweet young man. (And remind me of this one, too, next time I'm grousing about my kid, okay?)

6. Friday, Rachel and I are taking the kids shopping for their mommies. Rachel is taking Jamie and I'm taking Destiny to pick out presents for their mommies (and each other). So that will be lots of fun!

7. Friday afternoon, I might be taking Jamie and his best friend Ramo to the movies to see "Night at the Museum". It looks like the kind of clean movie two rambunctious young boys would love to see!

Much hugs and love to you all. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Tooz said...

I read a review of Night at the Museum that said it was just fine for kids Jamie's age. It would probably be scary for Destiny, though, so it's a good thing you aren't taking her.

I'm glad all is going well at your place in San Antone, but I have no suggestions for Pop's Christmas present. Love you.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Didn't get to go to the movie. Jamie's friend Ramo didn't get to come, so we decided to try to wait until New Year's Day when possibly Ramo can go with us.

Did Bubba get in alright? Have fun tomorrow at the pickin'! Give everyone hugs for me.