Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Best Laid Plans

What's that saying about the "best laid plans of mice and men"? Well, I think I can relate. I had big plans to work on my room while Jamie was gone so that it would be nice and clean (not to mention to give me something to do). Those plans have gone awry. Last night, I watched TV and read a really good book. I admit, I was being lazy. I was pretty much worn out from all the preparation to get him ready to go to camp, so I didn't feel like doing anything else. Plus, do you know how nice it is to watch what I want to watch on TV, and not have to worry about language or "adult" themes?!? Tonight, I've done nothing (again) on my room because I lifted a really heavy box at an odd angle at work, which has set my back to screaming this evening. Tomorrow night, I'm having dinner out with my girlfriends at our favorite girly restaurant, La Madeleine (do you KNOW how long it's been since I've had a night out with the girls?!?!?). Happily, I am not working Thursday or Friday (thank you for vacation days) and Jamie won't be back until around 1:30 in the afternoon on Thursday, so I may or may not work on it before I have to go pick up Jamie. If I don't work on it, though, I'll have some 'splainin' to do. I had to send three letters to camp with Jamie, one for each night he's there. In those letters, I kind of might have acted like I was working hard on the house while he is gone. Oooops! Oh, well. When we want a break from working on his room this weekend, we can come in my room and pick up stuff in here. It's only housework. It's not like it's going anywhere.

4 comments:

Suze said...

YOU DESERVE THIS BREAK!!!

You're right. The housework isn't going anywhere. It can wait another day or two. :)

ann said...

Ain't no thing but a chicken wing.

I wish you a happy reunion.

Jessi said...

It'll just get messy again. Trust me, I speak from experience. Enjoy your downtime.

Animal said...

I've been working like crazy at home while MY girls are gone: painting, painting, painting. Plus all the normal house upkeep. In the evenings, though, I relax with a movie. And chips. Oh, and wine.

Keep watching that tube and reading those books…sounds like you deserve it!