Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Announcement, Apologies and Awards

ANNOUNCEMENT:
Mrs. Allroro has graciously declined the $25 Amazon.com gift card I was giving away (I still think it's weird how Jamie picked the exact same numbers the random number picker picked!) I didn't have my oracle handy, so I used random.org again and got the number 3... Jessi! Please contact me at stinkbumps (at) satx (dot) rr (dot) com so I can e-mail you your prize!

APOLOGIES AND AWARDS:
I owe Suze and Jessi an apology. A month ago, they both gave me an award, and I never acknowledged it. Bad, Jenn, bad! I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. I was quite flattered and kept meaning to continue the awards, but.... This thing called life and rants about life got in the way, and next thing I knew, a month had gone by and I hadn't done anything about the awards. Sorry, ladies!

Since I think it is better to be late than never, here's the rules and such of the awards, and my nominees...

1) List 10 things that make you happy, and try to do at least one of them today.

2) Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day.

3) If you are one of those 10 lucky (happy) bloggers who get the award, link back to my blog and create your happy list!

Ten things that make me happy:

1. Having a freshly brewed pot of coffee waiting for me when I wake up (done! LURVE having a coffee pot with a timer!)

2. Those 30 minutes in the morning between when Jamie leaves for the bus stop and when I have to start getting ready for work. It's a great time to relax and allow myself to slowly wake up. (Done!)

3. Having a brand new, I've-never-read-it-before book by a favorite author to dive into when I get the first opportunity (done! I've got a stack of about four or five books waiting for me! Whee!)

4. Shooting hoops with my son

5. Singing

6. Listening to my boy play his violin.

7. Cooking (but I hate the cleaning up afterwards!)

8. Spending time with loved ones

9. Being silly

10. Chocolate


Bloggers who brighten my day (Okay, there's more than 10. So sue me):

1. Suze (love your kids, love your rants, love your thoughts)

2. Jessi (ditto! love your kids, love your rants, love your thoughts)

3. Tooz (Always make me smile. Love you to pieces)

4. Becca (even if she doesn't post very often and hasn't in months)

5. Everett (even if he doesn't post very often and hasn't in a while)

6. Ann (I especially love her posts about the cute things the kids she teaches do or say)

7. Lydia and Geron (love those babies, even if I haven't met them yet!)

8. Animal (You most of the time make me laugh, and always make me think)

9. The Pioneer Woman (Ree, you crack me up!)

10. AnnaMarie (I love getting little glimpses into your life, and your daughter and stepson are precious)

11. Strangeite (AKA Roy; Always thought provoking)

12. Steph (You've been busy with grad school, I know. I love to read your posts, so I'll wait patiently for the next one)

13. Jamie (Your blog is relatively new, and you don't post often, but I love to read it when you do)

14. Tara (your kids crack me up, and I enjoy reading your outlook on things)


So, those of you I've tagged above, get busy making your own awards. Whose blog brightens your day? What makes you happy?

2 comments:

Suze said...

Yayy! You don't owe me an apology actually, because you're hte first to even acknowledge the tag award I gave you!! (Except Jessi, but she had tagged me originally, so it kind of doesn't count.)

This was fun to read.

Jessi said...

No apology needed. I'm pretty sure I sat on it a month too. I am terrible at those things.

Also, SQUEEE at winning. I should probably graciously decline, too, but I am not all that gracious. I am a regular stumbling thug of ungracious book buying joy.