Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Uniform Crisis

It never fails.  Jamie left his cell phone charger at the old house. I have already turned in the keys, so bye-bye phone charger.  We turned the house upside down looking for it to no avail.  Monday night, I broke down and ordered him a new charger ($7 on eBay).  Last night, I realized I hadn’t seen his uniform shirts for this school year anywhere.  In fact, I haven’t seen them since we started moving from the old house to the new.  (I bought the shirts at the end of the school year when they were deeply discounted.)  So Jamie and I spent a large portion of the evening trying to find the shirts, again to no avail.  However, I did find another charger that fits his cell phone.  {sigh} Since it seems I find things only AFTER I’ve already purchased replacements, I went ahead and ordered three more of his uniform shirts.  I figured it wouldn’t hurt anything for him to have eight instead of five.  Being a boy, and a messy, klutzy kid at that, I figured at least one or two of them will have to be used as a dust rag due to stains/tears at some point in the year.  Still, I’m hoping that by purchasing more shirts, and looking for something else this evening, I will come across his missing shirts.  One funny note, though – I went ahead at the end of last year and bought his shirts for 7th grade, too, (each grade level wears a different colored solid polo) one size larger than he currently wears.  I figured since they were $3 a piece, it just made sense for me to buy them in advance.  Well, I can’t find his 6th grade polos anywhere – but the 7th grade ones were easily found and are currently waiting merrily in the top of his closet.  If you were five canary yellow polo shirts, where would you be hiding?

6 comments:

ann said...

Have you checked your clothes, or with his books?

Suze said...

Oh boy I have no idea where to look. But canary yellow ought to stand out, right?

I like the idea of school uniforms. What does Jamie think?

Jessi said...

Sounds like my life. Good luck.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

I figure that as long as I continue to actively look for the shirts, they will not be found. However, if I start looking for something else, they will appear as if by magic.

Everett said...

If I were a canary yellow polo shirt I'd be so utterly embarrassed to show myself that I'd find some sort of deep extra-dimensional hole to hide myself in.

Even so, good luck with the search.

Tooz said...

If I were a canary yellow polo shirt, I would hide in a cage full of canaries. Good luck.