Friday, January 02, 2009

Too Drained to Post Much

This has been the week from hell. Even on a "full" night's sleep, I'm tired when I wake up in the morning, tired as I trudge through my day and attempt to get everything done, tired when I fall into bed at night.... then I can't fall asleep because my brain won't shut the hell up.

Dad is not legally competent to sign over power of attorney to me. Can't get access to his bank accounts, bills, or anything until I get guardianship. For which I have to get a lawyer. Which I cannot afford. I've got a call in to the JAG office at Lackland AFB (where Dad received most of his medical care prior to now). They were closed today, but I'm going to pester them first thing Monday morning. In the mean time, there are bills that need to be paid, and I discovered that someone had gotten hold of Dad's debit card number and had charged thousands of dollars to Pocket Communications over the last two months. I was able to get the bank to cancel the card and turn it over to the fraud department. Other than that, I can't do anything legally until I have guardianship.

Jamie is out with friends tonight. The house is halfway quiet. Think I'll go take a nap for a while. More when I'm in the mood to post.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I'm still thinking of and praying for you, your Dad, and Jamie.

Suze said...

Ditto.
Jenn, you are amazing. Stay strong.