Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Ack! Steph tagged me to do a Meme! My only question is, how on Earth can I come up with only five weird things about myself? Luckily, I think I've done this Meme before, so I have to come up with five new ones (so does that technically mean this is really a continuation of the last one, and therefore really a Meme on the 10 weirdest things about me?) Here goes:

1. I am a walking dictionary and grammar primer. I may not know why a particular sentence structure is correct (I never paid attention to the meanings of the objective case, split infinitives, etc. etc.), but I can merely look at a sentence and know if it's correct or not. Same with spelling. I may have never heard the word before, but I know when it's misspelled. My boss regularly relies on my spelling and grammar skills - going so far as to call me "the resident grammarian" in the business.



2. I used to regularly write poetry and short stories. In fact, I had notebooks I would fill in a matter of days. However, since Jamie came along, I have had no time to write, and my muse has left me (except for the occassional odd spurt of frantic writing). Now that I think about this, I suspect this is not weird at all, merely the byproduct of having a child and being a single parent.



3. I read obsessively. I cannot put a book down until I have either finished it in one sitting or literally fall asleep with the book in my hands. I typically read anywhere from five to seven books a week for pleasure in addition to books I read as assignments for school and manuals I read for work. If I go more than a couple days without reading something for pleasure, I go through book withdrawal and become very grouchy.



4. I almost named my son "Jareth" after a character from my favorite movie. The only reason why he wasn't named that was because his actual name flowed so much better with the family name I had already picked out for his middle name.



5. Unlike Roy, I absolutely luuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee pickles, especially dill pickles. I really like them with salt on them, because it makes them taste more sour. I love pickles so much that, as a child, when I would go to the photographer's to get my picture taken and they would ask me to say "Cheese," I'd shake my head "no" at them. They then would ask me what I wanted to say, and I'd grin and say "pickllllllllllllleeeeeeeeessssssss" instead.



There! I did it! I have other things to blog about here soon, including updates on Jamie's health and grades; for right now, though, this Meme is all I've had time for. I promise I'll update you all on the state of affairs down here soon.

No comments: