Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Obviously, Yesterday was April Fool's Day

Yeah, I know. Childish and immature to post such a blatant April Fool's Day joke on my blog. Had I taken more time, I could have come up with a much more clever, subtle joke that you all would actually take seriously, but I didn't want to post something that might seriously concern you guys. Yes, I know that you know there's no way in Hell I'm quitting at this stage of my degree plan. However, I am leaning more and more toward changing my major to get a B.S. in Sociology. All I'm waiting on now is to see what kind of financial aid I can get. There's a little problem with that: In 13 years of being in and out of school (two of those years being spent at a greatly overpriced private college), I seem to have maxed out my undergraduate loan eligibility. So, I have to see what kinds of grants and scholarships I can get, and what I can realistically afford to pay out of pocket (umm... like, $50?), so, I may not be able to afford the extra year (gulp!) I've discovered it would take for me to switch to a B.S. of Sociology. I'll keep you all posted.

On another topic, Jamie has officially earned his Nintendo DS Lite! Woo hoo! Way to go Jamie! As per the original agreement, he brought his reading grade up to a B, and none of his other grades are bad, either; so next paycheck, we're going out to get him a Nintendo DS Lite. Officially, he had all B's and one C (a 78 in Language Arts). I cut him a little slack on the language arts, because he brought it up from a low D to a 78 (C) - 2 points shy of a B, in the last week and a half of the grading period. That took some serious determination! Yay, Jamie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Granted, if his next report card shows all of his grades slipping back down again, Momma gets to take the DS and put it in the top of the closet!

1 comment:

Suze said...

I didn't believe it for a second.

woohoo, Jamie!!

Good luck with the school stuff. You'll find a way. We have a friend who became a single mother about the same age you did (she's a few years older than you) and went back to school and every time there was a charge or fee for
ANYTHING, she just asked "I'm a single mom. Is there a scholarship?" and a lot of times, it turned out there was.

I know that's dippy advice, but I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work.