Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm Supposed to be Doing Homework...

But instead, I'm blogging. I about cried when I went to pick Jamie up at school today. It struck me particularly today how he looks soooo grown up already! Where is my little boy? He had AWANA tonight, so I allowed him to wear his AWANA polo to school. maybe that has something to do with it. But as we were walking out together, I looked over at him and just about fell over because of how grown up he's becoming. And then, of course, I had to fight back tears. I spent so many years wishing he would hurry up and grow up already, and now I just wish I could stop time. Just so you know what I'm talking about, here's a picture of Jamie in his AWANA outfit. Doesn't he look so grown up?!?

Oh, and Tooz, I LOVE the cartoons you sent me. They are toooooo true. They are now stuck to the fridge. Okay, well, enough procrastinating. Guess I'll go actually do homework now.

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Jenn, Jenn, he IS growing up so fast. Why does time have to fly like it does? Break its wing, will ya?! Jamie is so cute!

Tooz said...

My girl just said things I agree with. It will be good to see this guy at Thanksgiving. Love you both. BTW, glad you liked the cartoons!

Suze said...

i'm having the "don't grow up so fast" pangs already myself, and mine's not even 2 years old!

seriously, though, i've noticed this in my piano students. they hit age 10 or 11 and all of a sudden there are these hints of adulthood that you're not expecting. well, you've got a lot to be proud of, jenn.

Animal said...

He DOES look grown-up! Hmmm...maybe I'll stop wishing The Roslynator would "just get past" this stage or that one.

Suze said...

animal, you're so entitled to think that right now. in fact, you're allowed to wish kiddo was "just past this stage" the whole first year. babies are wonderful, sweet, cuddly little things but oh my it's hard to take care of them.