Friday, June 02, 2006

Various and Sundry

Various:

There once was a girl with a blog
Who liked to croak out like a frog
"You didn't post here,
You need to post, dear"
And left her own site in a fog!

I just thought I would say something about that before somebody else pounced on me for it. See, I can write bad verse about myself, too! I'm sorry I've neglected my blog today. I'm down at my dad's house spending the night so Jamie and I can head back to San Antonio early in the morning to get ready for my friend's daughter's wedding. We're on punch bowl patrol (hey, that rhymes too! Please, stop the madness!) But yay! I've got Jamie back! Boo hoo, he's staying with Papaw again from Sunday through next Friday. I miss the little bugger when he's gone.

Sundry:
One thing I find interesting. When I was growing up, I was adamant that my job would have as little to do with computers as possible. I didn't want to be anything like my dad (he's a retired mainframe programmer), so wanted absolutely nothing to do with anything even close to what he did.

So, I grow up, and before I know it, I'm in charge of the computers at work, troubleshooting, rerouting the network, setting up the archive programs, etc. etc. And I do a lot of stuff for my dad, too (he never learned very much about PCs). So, I've grown up to be a computer geek. Guess the last name is appropriate after all.

Well, sorry this is so short; but I wanted to give you something to chew on tonight, in the morning and some of the afternoon. (Just in case you missed reading one of my silly posts).

I'm off to bed now, to read some verses, read some Touchpoints, pray (possibly aloud), and get some sleep.

Sweet dreams everyone!

No comments: