- A childhood without any circuses in it seems pretty sad to me.
- He's 11. It won't be too long before he thinks he's either a) too old to go to the circus; or b) too COOL to go to the circus.
- I've been promising for years, and have never been able to keep my word. It's a shame when you have to break a promise to a child - even when the promise was sincerely meant when you originally made it. I'm tired of breaking promises to my child.
- This would be a fantastic way for us to kick off some awesome mommy-son time. He hasn't gotten much of that lately, and it's showing in his attitude, behavior, and general demeanor; and
- Dangit! I want to go to the circus, too! I'm tired of trudging home from work just to start studying, or doing housework, or hearing him whine that I don't spend any time with him and that he's "ssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooo stinking boooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddd!". Maybe I want to be a kid again, too, even if it's just for one stinkin' night. I want to feel wonder and amazement again, instead of walking through life in a cloud of have-tos, need-tos and shoulds.
So that's why I'm taking the $80 that should go toward some bills, and going to the circus. I need to live a little before I absolutely go stinkin' insane!