Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm So Excited! (And I Just Can't Hide It!)

FOUR DAYS until Becca, Tom and CJ get here!  I’m so excited I could pee my pants (literally, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much coffee this morning!).  I haven’t seen Becca since she left for Arizona umpteen billion years ago.  But I’m also in a panic now, as my lofty intentions to clean the house a little bit at a time fell all to Hell, and I’ve got a major exam this week and a paper to write, and an extremely messy house to boot.  But I work best under pressure, so I should have the house at least presentable (and the Christmas tree finally down) by the time they get in late Saturday night.  I’ve been putting in overtime at work, and next week’s a holiday, so I’ve tentatively arranged to take Thursday off as my last vacation day, Friday is a holiday, and my extra hours hopefully will allow me to leave early Monday-Wednesday.  I’m so happy and excited I’m practically bouncing in my seat (this is making my boss look at me funny)!

 

Gotta go!

4 comments:

Suze said...

woohoo! Have a good time!
And good luck with that Christmas tree :)
I noticed last night that someone in our neighborhood still has Xmas lights up outside. Maybe they'll just keep them up all year.

ann said...

Can't you just hang some plastic eggs on it?

I'm jealous of both of you. I hope you have a fantastic time.

Becca said...

I just wanted to say that the Christmas tree is truly lovely.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Yeah, yeah. Go ahead and remind me that I don't have the tree down yet and it's the middle of April. :-)