- Received notice (a sign hanging from my house doorknob) that brush/large item trash pick up day is coming soon. Yay! The first items to go out will be the VERY stinky couch and matching armchairs from Dad's house. Currently, they are bestowing their very special perfume on my garage - old beer, stale beer sweat, and dirty dog. Dad slept on his couch, ate on his couch, and even - apparently - peed on his couch once or twice. I'm looking forward to that NOT being in my garage anymore.
- Received a letter yesterday addressed to my father that his application for increased disability benefits from the VA was still being processed, and to have patience. I called them and told them Dad had all the time and patience in the world, seeing as how he was dead and all. The lady I talked to was very apologetic that word didn't trickle through all the departments yet that he died. She was also horrified that the records weren't expunged to weed out all the applications of servicemembers who had died.
- Ziggy got a bath and all his fur shaved off. Poor thing was so dirty and matted it couldn't be saved. Off it went. Now he looks VERY comical. Buddy is next on the bath list, but he won't require shaving as he's got such short hair.
- I think I'm going to buy myself a bike. Nothing fancy, just a single-speed with a wide seat and back-pedal brakes. I want something comfy to ride back and forth to work when it isn't too hot or too cold. I have a very economical car, but I feel so wasteful driving the very short distance between work and home. If I ride a bike, it won't take very long for me to dash home for the car if Jamie gets sick at school or I have to run an errand for work. Plus, this is an easy way to save more money and get in some exercise, too.
- As stated in a recent tweet, my Christmas tree, fully decorated, is still gracing my den. It must come down. I can't stand it any more. It will be accomplished no later than this weekend, I promise it!
- The weather has turned absolutely GORGEOUS! It's in the low 80s to high 70s, the sun is shining, the lilac trees are blooming, I've got some really pretty pink flowers growing along the side of my driveway (have no idea what they are) and all the trees are green and leafy. Spring is here!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
I'm thoroughly enjoying lolling around this week. It's my spring break, so I have not even cracked open a text book this week. I've just been enjoying stuff as it happens. Staying true to that fashion, here's a bulletted list of random junk that has happened, is about to happen, or flitted its way through my brain this week: