Monday, March 16, 2009

MOY/EOY

I nominate myself for BOTH Mother of the Year (MOY) and Employee of the Year (EOY) awards*.  It’s almost 8 p.m. CST, and I’m sitting at work finishing a “rush” report my boss wants out tonight.  Just one thing, I’m sitting here typing in the near-dark so that my son can sleep in peace on the couch across from my desk.  What’s a little eyestrain when you can accomplish being a good mom AND a good employee, when the two often seem to be at cross purposes?

*BTW – Just in case any of you are horrified that I would think something this small actually qualifies me for MOY or EOY, take heart.  I’m kidding.  Maybe just Mom or Employee of the MonthJ

2 comments:

Suze said...

Let's at least add "citizen of the month" to that list! Remember that from grade school?

I hope you can get some rest soon.

Becca said...

I never got Citizen of the Month in school. I got into too many fights.

(incenc, heh)