Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I'm a Cruel Mommy

I got Jamie good this morning.  It was rather chilly this morning (down in the 40’s) and Jamie was complaining he was soooo cold, so tired, etc. etc.  Seeing as how it is April Fool’s Day, I decided to play a little prank.  I told him that we had a freak snow storm in the middle of the night, and that school was cancelled because the roads were covered.  I think he only believed me because he was still half asleep when I told him this.  The fact that it was freezing cold in the house helped back up my claim.  Jamie jumped up out of bed and ran to the front door to look outside.  Of course, when he opened the door, there was no snow, just a very cool wind.  When I yelled “April Fool’s” he gave me the look.  The one that I’m sure I’ll be seeing much more of as he enters his teenaged years.  This look clearly states, “My mother is a freak, and I am a long-suffering saint for putting up with her shenanigans.”  Seeing as how we’re going to be stuck here for another 2 years or so while Jamie is undergoing his orthodontic treatment, I figured today would be the only chance he has for the wild hope elicited by the words “snow day.”  May today be filled with lots of great, harmless pranks for you and yours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, awesome. I served my kid a bowl of green beans for breakfast. I thought she was going to cry there for a sec :) .