Wednesday, April 18, 2007

NEWSFLASH!

Two items of great import to report here today.

1. Jamie got sent home early today with a fever over 100-degrees and a severe headache. His doctor's appointment is at 3:30 this afternoon. Obviously, he won't be going to soccer practice today. Until it's time for the doctor, he's laying in his bed watching "Robots" on DVD. I'm hoping he'll take a little snooze, too. This will give me the opportunity to do some homework, at least.

2. I have one major piece of news about which I'm not sure how to feel. On a personal level, it makes me joyously happy. On a professional level, I don't know how major of an impact it will have on the company. Rat-tail turned in an open-ended letter of resignation. He may leave as early as May 1, he may stay a little longer. He didn't say for sure when he's leaving. Naturally, he chose the worst possible time to resign, as one of the partners is going on vacation next Monday and won't be back until mid-May. I think Rat-tail timed it this way on purpose. While I find this person beyond intolerable on a personal level, he did bring a lot of business in to the company and generated a lot of revenue. I'm not sure what the unwritten rules are about clients, whether they stick with the company or the engineer. I guess we'll see what happens, and if I still have a job after he leaves. I'll just pray about it and see what God has in store for me. Of course, this may be a great boon, as I had been debating what I would do after I got my undergrad next spring, anyway. This may be the impetus which shows me what direction to take. It may be just one event in a long string of events which will shape my choices. All I can do now is pray, dig in to what work there is and do my best.

2 comments:

Tooz said...

When I read part one here, I thought I was reading an old column--seems like that boy is coming home sick more often than I want him to! I don't need to tell you that, though--you already know. As to Rattail leaving, that can't help but be a blessing, can it? Love you all.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Just got back from the doctor's office. Jamie has a particularly nasty virus going around and has to stay home tomorrow, too. Lousy timing all around - "Gee boss, you just got back from eye surgery and can't see, your biggest money maker just quit, and now your right-hand assistant has to be out of the office for two days. Boy, that's gotta stink!"

He's not a happy camper. He asked if I could come in for a half day tomorrow. Let me just pull a miracle out of my hat and see what I can pull off.