Thursday, April 05, 2007

Divine Flatulence

How do you answer the question "Did Jesus fart?"? I was recently asked this question by my dear and darlin' son. My response was, "Well, I would assume so, since he was in human form, he had to eat, and humans fart sometimes mainly because of what they eat." Of course, I took this question very seriously while discussing it with Jamie. But later, after I was alone, I could only giggle, as the term that popped into my head was "divine flatulence". Yes, I am irreverent at times.

5 comments:

Tooz said...

Did you google that term to see if anyone has an opinion out there? Love you and the irreverent offspring.

Tooz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca said...

I should Google the term. I think the real question is, if historians discovered evidence that Jesus did fart, would it be a eucatastrophe?

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Knowing Piers Anthony's version of the pun of the word "catastrophe", I wonder what he would describe a eucatastrophe as...

And I think I Googled it, but I don't remember what search results came back on it.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Having Googled the term again, I discovered that it may have been originally coined by Voltaire. Interesting.