Thursday, August 03, 2006

Somebody Please Shoot Me

Okay, not really. I wouldn't really like to be shot. I've heard that it hurts a little bit. But my feeling "icky" has gone from bad to worse. My boss brought in a whole bunch of holistic remedies for cough for me, which was really nice, but it isn't helping. He's been hinting around all day that I should leave and go to the doctor. For him to tell me to go to the doctor is a big deal - he hates doctors. Calls them "quacks" most of the time.

Last night, I was up most of the night coughing. The Mucinex is helping me get rid of a lot of the crud in my lungs - unfortunately, it would appear that my body is just making more to replace what's being coughed out. I've coughed so much that my voice sounds a lot like Lauren Bacall's - really husky, and deep. What they used to call a "whiskey" voice. Kind of sexy, I'll admit. LOL! But it also hurts to talk. Which made me mad last night, as I was eager to make a phone call up Chicago way. But seeing as how it hurt to talk, I didn't think it would be very conducive to a nice, chatty phone call. Hopefully, all will be recuperated enough for me to make said phone call Sunday night (if you'll be home, that is!)

I'm glad, though, that Jamie isn't home for me to have to take care of while I'm sick. It's almost a luxury for me to be able to be sick when Jamie isn't home. Because there are things he can't do for himself that need to be done - like set the shower running for him and fix dinner for him (I've literally been eating heated-up canned-soup for lunch and supper every day since Monday. It's about all my throat can handle, and it's easy to fix. Dump in bowl, pop in microwave for 1 minute, 45 seconds. Eat with spoon. How's that for a recipe for R.O.U.S.? LOL!) Plus there's the fact that I don't have to go running all over creation to take him to daycare and pick him up. I live about two or three blocks from work. So all I have to do is get in the car, drive not even five minutes, then I'm at work. Then I get in the car, drive not even five minutes, and I'm back home. But I still have to walk the dog. Maybe I should have left him at Papaw's too!

I watched "The Greatest Game Ever Played" last night. I don't like golf, but I like Shia LeBouf, so I really enjoyed it. He has enormous acting talent (in my opinion). True, he didn't get to display all of it on "Even Stevens", but I won't hold that series against him. It was harmless fun that gave him a good start in "the biz". I expect we'll be seeing more and more of him in the years to come! God bless you all, and I'll type at you more later. Gotta get back to work now, and decide whether or not to go waste $30 at the doctor's just to hear her say it's a virus or something.

2 comments:

Everett said...

I liked greatest game. I didn't know who Shia LeBouf was and actually until the credits assumed it was the actress playing the girl he likes. I really liked his caddy.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

"Easy Peazy Lemon Squeezy!" The caddy cracked me up.

Shia is pronounced like "shy". He has some major acting chops.

Have fun this weekend!