Monday, August 07, 2006

Cough, Hack, Hack, Cough, Wheeze

Okay, I know that I have to cough up all this crud out of my lungs in order to get well. But it's interrupting my sleep, giving me a headache, and generally all-around making me feel icky. But, I shudder to think how I would be feeling now if I hadn't listened to my boss and gone to the doctor when I did.

Just wanted to post a quick update, since I've been conspicuously absent from the blogs of late. Tried Geron's crock pot BBQ from R.O.U.S. and it was delicious! Thank you so much for that recipe! It is destined to become a Hacker Hau staple! But my dad's crock pot cooked it on low in five hours. That is one seriously hot crock pot!

I was lying on the couch yesterday when my friend Jackie called. Her babysitter hadn't shown up, and she had to be at work in 30 minutes. I told her to bring Christopher on over, but warned her that I was sick and the house was a wreck. She said, "Girl, how your house looks has no bearing on how good of a momma you are!" That made me feel better. So, Christopher came over and played with Jamie, while I slept on the couch in a codeine and phenergan induced haze. Then I got up and fixed the boys hot dogs and tried out Everett's cheesey elbow pasta recipe, and that was really good too! The boys loved it! Everett, I really think you should sue Kraft, though, as they are selling something remarkably similar in the grocery stores. They must have seen the blog and decided to market it! LOL!

Well, I'm going to get off here and do some work now. Love ya'll!

OH, I almost forgot to mention this!
We were watching the "Skateboard Big Air" Competition on the X-games last night. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's kind of like a huge half-pipe, but the starting end has a 63foot drop, then they jump over a 7-foot trench, then they go up about 30 feet on the other side of the pipe and come back down. They showed a camera shot of a "skater's eye view" of the first section of the pipe (the 63-foot drop). Jamie looked at me and said, "Mommy, they're nuts!" Secretly, my heart rejoiced at the thought that maybe he isn't such a little daredevil after all! Especially when they started showing footage of when Danny Way jumped the Great Wall in China with his skateboard! Jamie just shook his head. LOL!

No comments: