Monday, August 14, 2006

I Need to Enter a Rehab Program - I've Become a "Whine"-o!

Becca and I went to college with a really whiny girl named Lucia. We'd see her coming and groan, because we knew she was going to start whining (I mean, honest to goodness baby-fied whining) about whatever was going wrong with her that day. Reading over some of my recent posts, I thought "I've become a 'whine'-o!" Is there a 12-step program for that?

Okay, so the first step is admitting you have the problem. So, here goes "Hi, I'm Jennifer, and I'm a 'whine'-o." Pshew! That felt good. But, see, the problem is, I feel this incredible urge to whine some more. See, my cough won't go away, and it's getting worse, so I'm going back to the doctor this afternoon. And that butt-wipe co-worker? Well, he left me a snide note about how I keep "losing" his packages, and how my boss needs to come up with a quality control procedure for me to follow. Hello? How did I go to the UPS facility and forcibly remove his package? I gave him proof showing how the package was lost by UPS, but it's still my fault. Aargh!

Okay, so now I got the whining out of my system. So I need to balance out this post with a list of things for which I am grateful and thankful:

1. I'm grateful and very thankful for such wonderful friends as ya'll!

2. I'm grateful and thankful for first days of the school year (only had to whisper in Jamie's ear "It's the first day of school" to get him up, instead of having to jump up and down on the bed and yell "Up and At 'Em.... Atom Ant!!!!!!!" If he wasn't up by the time I finished saying "ant", I'd fall on him. This strange ritual is a legacy of my own mother.)

3. I'm very grateful and thankful for my wonderful son.

4. I'm very grateful and thankful for my silly puppy, Ziggy.

5. I'm grateful and thankful for Sunday and/or Wednesday night telephone conversations.

6. I'm grateful and thankful for silly, long-distance lunch-break conversations with my brother.

7. I'm grateful and thankful for all those little inconveniences during the day that add up to keep you humble.

8. I'm grateful and thankful that I woke up this morning. (Because it would really not be good if I didn't. LOL!)

9. I'm grateful and thankful for all the gifts the Lord has given me, even if I don't immediately recognize them as such.

10. I'm grateful and thankful for my father, if only for the fact he is teaching me how NOT to treat Jamie when he grows up! No, seriously, Dad can be sweet, too; but only when HE wants to be.

11. I'm grateful and thankful that God has a plan for me, even if I don't know what it is yet. I'm grateful that He knows where my life is going, because I sure don't!

12. I'm grateful and thankful for God, his glory and the blessings he's put into my life. I've never been homeless, which is a grace in and of itself, because Jamie and I have been very close on several occassions! So I KNOW God is watching over us!

13. I'm grateful and thankful God graced me with a sense of humor, even if it does get rusty sometimes. I have a tendency to take myself too seriously, and forget to laugh at myself. (But I don't seem to have too much trouble laughing at others! LOL!)

So, there's the cheese to go with my whine. Hope you enjoyed today's tasting. Next week, we'll explore the many flavors of the California vineyards.

5 comments:

Tooz said...

SOOOOOOOOO, what did the doctor say? Is there any hope for that cough? Love you.

Becca said...

Oh, dude. Lucia. You had to remind me.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

[Giggle} Lucia! {chortle] Whiner![snort, snort] and totally gullible!

Becca said...

Here's what I recall about Lucia--she had it bad for Wade. BAD! Like, practically in heat. Unfortunately, at some point after meeting him (through me) the first time, she felt the need to share that she had herpes.

[insert sound of needle across rotating vinyl]

And she wondered, wondered, WONDERED and complained to me, asking what was wrong with her that he wouldn't date her. I'm all, duh! "Hi, I have herpes!" isn't the most effective pickup line.

That, and her instance that she was a vampire and showing her creepy pointy teeth after having a few drinks.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Gee, I just didn't like her because she was an idiot. LOL!

That sounds judgemental. I'm sorry. I didn't like her because she CHOSE to act like an idiot. Is that better?

To quote the old cartoons "What a maroon!"