- Friday night I went with my friends Rachel and Jackie out to Midnight Rodeo (a country-western dancehall/bar only about three blocks from my house) to celebrate my b-day a little early. Had a few drinks, danced a lot, played some pool and a grand time was had by all.
- Had a minor foot procedure at the podiatrist early Saturday morning.
- Jameie's soccer team won 2-0 on Saturday. Jamie played goalie for one quarter and had three "saves". My kid is not only awesome as a defender, but he's a fantastic goalie, too!
- Dad had finally called me on Friday, asking if Jamie and I were coming down to visit. So of course we did. Went down very late Saturday afternoon and returned Sunday around 4-ish.
- Got home to discover that my wonderful friend Rachel had given me an awesome birthday present while I was away: She cleaned my apartment for me. THAT was a truly-appreciated and much-needed gift!
- Received several "Happy 30th Birthday" e-cards, e-mails and phone calls on Sunday from all across the U.S.
- Had a great conversation with one of my "favoritist" (as Jamie says) people late Sunday night and a wee bit into Monday morning.
- Yesterday I went and took my second exam for my US History class. It's amazing how much better one feels one did on an exam when one actually READS the assignments! Rachel had picked up Jamie from school for me and they were at my apartment watching "Over the Hedge" when I got home. Then Jamie and I snuggled up in the papasan chair and cuddled while we watched "Heroes" last night on NBC. I LOVE this show. I just hope NBC doesn't pull a trick like it did with "Surface" (an awesome, underrated show).
- Received some funny cards in the mail yesterday, and a very nice and much-appreciated b-day present from Tooz and David.
- Went to bed at a decent hour last night, so I actually got a good night's sleep for once. I feel pretty darn good today!!!
So now you're sufficiently caught up on life in Hacker Haus. Rachel and Destiny are moving in next month. I still have sooooo much work to do on the apartment to make room for them (like shoveling out Jamie's room for them to use!) I don't even want to think about how much work I have to do!!!!
Big hugs to you all!