Thursday, October 12, 2006

Origami Originals

Yesterday, we got a package in the mail from Momma Tooz. What fun stuff was inside! Jamie was especially excited about the origami books Tooz had included. He'd done a little bit in art class, apparently. So he pounced on the origami books right off. Here's a picture I snapped of him folding away. Of course, I didn't tell him this, but everything he made looked exactly the same, regardless of which set of instructions he was supposed to be following. However, he was happy, quiet and allowed me to do my homework, so I left him alone. I then had to wrestle the books away from him to get him in the shower and to bed.


I was going to digitally edit out the messy state of my living room, then decided I'd be honest and let you all see how trashed my house has become. Be glad I didn't take the picture in the kitchen - you'd be shocked and amazed at the number of dirty dishes in my sink and on my counters! (This is what happens when you're never home. The dirty dishes multiply like rabbits! I knew I should have had them all neutered! That's my story and I'm sticking too it - I didn't do it, the dishes just multiplied!) LOL!

Rachel and Destiny are coming over tonight. The kids are going to check out the playground newly installed at my apartment complex, and Rachel and I are going to take chairs and books down there so we can do homework while the kids play.

Another cute thing - remember before how Jamie was sooooo bothered by Destiny? He admitted the other day that he's missed seeing her. Now that Rachel works days, we only have to keep Destiny every other weekend. We'll have Destiny this weekend, and Jamie asked if we could put one of his old jersies on her to wear to his soccer game. That's a far cry from the little boy who was worried that people would "know" Destiny was with us last time! Now he wants her around and wearing his old clothes. LOL!

6 comments:

Tooz said...

Looking at Jamie in that picture, I cannot believe how much he has grown and how OLD he looks! He isn't out little baby anymore, for sure! He's not even a LITTLE boy! I'm glad you all enjoyed the books. Love you both.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Oh, don't get my started on how he's growing up. Sometimes I just look at him and think "Wow! My little boy ain't so little anymore!" Then Jamie says "Momma, stop staring at me. You're starting to freak me out!" He rarely calls me "mommy" anymore. That breaks my heart. Ah, well, I knew this was coming all along, but it still puts a little ache in my heart!

Lydia said...

mom's first grandchild, he is. cora's number 2! messy house--you fit right in! love ya both!

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Another thing the Meadors households and Hacker Haus have in common? All the books in the background!

Love ya'll!

Tooz said...

In the background, the foreground, the sideground, the underground--none in the overground, though, because of the squirrels. Love you all.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

We don't need any bushy-tailed rodents. Jamie, Ziggy and I are squirrelly enough without them, thank you!

Love ya big bunches!