Friday, March 02, 2007

UPDATE ON SICK BOY

Jamie stayed at work with me until noon. Then we went home, ate lunch, snuggled for a while, then we went to the doctor. In going to work with me, Jamie may have infected my main boss with the flu. Yep, the boy officially has the flu strain that is running rampant in the schools right now. He's been given a prescription for the symptoms, and orders to rest and drink plenty of fluids. Needless to say, we aren't going to Papaw's house this weekend. It could be dangerous for Dad to be ill when he's still having trouble with the pace maker he got back in November/December.

I was planning on doing some serious house scrubbing in anticipation of company coming, but now it appears I'll be doing it sooner to kill any flu germs lying around. So, good people, imagine me attacking my house, sponge in one hand, Lysol disinfecting wipes in the other. EVERYTHING is getting scrubbed this weekend. (So much for studying for my mid-terms next week.)

2 comments:

Suze said...

oh, dear. i hope you stay healthy, jenn, and that jamie recovers as quickly as he can.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

By noon Saturday, Jamie was up pinging off the walls, while I felt like I had been hit by a mack truck. I'm still stiff and ache-y today, but still, I consider us both lucky to have only gotten a mild version of the flu bug. We've both had much worse strains of it. We'll both be back at work and school tomorrow. I appreciate your well wishes!