Well, I don't have much to blog about, other than that school is rapidly approaching for both Jamie and myself. Thank you, Jesus! I long for school to start so I can get Jamie back into a routine where he isn't driving me so nuts. I know it isn't totally his fault, but he is driving me absolutely insane. The child does not do well without a routine, and unfortunately, there has been neither a routine nor any hope of one due to the childcare situation. August 14 can't get here fast enough! August 28 is when I start back to school, as well. That should be interesting!
Anyhoo, for lack of anything better to write about, I shall continue the 100 things list I started. However, I doubt I will get to #100.
14. Incompetent people in positions of power make me twitchy. (Maybe that's why I get a tic in my left eye anytime the name "George W. Bush" is mentioned.)
15. When I was a teenager, I swore I would never have children. Now I wish I had several more than just the one!
16. I was a bone marrow donor for my sister when it was still an experimental procedure.
17. My favorite dessert in the whole wide world is cheesecake. Better yet if it has chocolate on it. I could live off chocolate and never tire of it.
18. I will gladly stay up all night to finish a book. No matter how tired I am, I cannot put it down until I know what has happened.
19. There are several books I consider to be "old friends" which I re-read just about every year. These titles include: The Harry Potter series, the Anne of Green Gables books, Little Women, LOTR (although it's been a couple of years since I delved into that one), the J.D. Robb ...in Death series, most anything by Nora Roberts (yes, I know she and J.D. Robb are the same person, but the tones of the books are different. And yes, I realize these are romance novels. I'm a softie at heart, okay?), Sue Grafton's Alphabet mysteries, Lillian Jackson Braun's The Cat Who... series, Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover novels, Piers Anthony's Xanth novels and his Incarnations of Immortality Series, and that's all I can think of right now. Books are friends in my world.
20. I love to read/watch/listen to/absorb anything by Shakespeare and even like some of the recent movies inspired by Shakespeare.
21. I enjoy mythology and lore from all over the world.
22. The name "Jennifer" is a derivative of "Gwynhaefar", the original Celtic version of "Guinevere". It means "the white one".
23. If you took Jamie's real name and divided it into its two root words, his name means "Strong Supplanter".
24. Zig Zag Scalawag was so named because he never walks straight and he's so mischievious.
25. I miss my Sunday night telephone conversations.
26. I love my father, but I don't like him at all, at all.
27. My bubby e-mailed me a picture of himself, as I haven't seen him in several years. We're going to see him in March during Jamie's spring break.
28. If I had my druthers, I'd spend the rest of my life in school learning everything about everything.
29. I dream of one day going on an archeological dig.
30. Jamie's favorite color for right now is green. A few weeks ago it was blue. No telling what it will be next week.
31. Jamie's foot is already almost as big as mine. He has a pair of sandals I can actually wear. My toes hang over the edge, but the fact that I can actually fit my foot in them is scary!
32. My heart breaks every time I see my boy stare wistfully at a father and son when we're out in public.