Well, I'm amazed that I've reached an item number 33 on my list of things about Hacker Haus. So, I'll jump right into it...
33. Somewhere in the world I have a half-sister named Natasha Josepha Natalya something-or-other (or is it Natalya Josepha Natasha? I can't remember). Apparently, my dad had a relationship (or was it a marriage?) before he met Mom and they had a little girl. When Mom and Dad got together, the woman sent Dad some papers to sign to allow the woman's new husband to adopt the little girl. I still have a baby ring that purportedly belonged to her.
34. Even though Dad once acknowledged that this story is true, he now swears that it was a lie fabricated by my mother.
35. Dad has been telling people down here that he is a widower and that he and Mom were married 31 years before she died. This makes me very angry, even though it isn't really hurting Mom any. It just bothers me that he's using this to play on other womens' sympathy. They assume he's a really sweet guy and that he's hurting and they want to comfort him. HA! Mom's the one who needed comforting because of the horrid way he treated her (and us)!
36. Okay, as evidenced above, I still have some residual childhood issues to work through! LOL!
37. I have new respect for my mother since having a child of my own. It took enormous strength for her to keep putting one foot in front of the other day by day. She lost two of her children. I love Jamie so much, it would kill me if he died. I don't see how Mom found the strength to go on after so much heartache.
38. Little boys apparently have hollow legs which must be filled hourly with copious amounts of food (of course, with Jamie this begins at about 7:30 p.m. because that's when his medicine wears off).
39. Jamie's favorite Disney movie is Treasure Planet. I think he identifies with the fatherless boy, Jim, in the movie. But that could be too much amateur psychology on my part.
40. Those sappy Hallmark commercials make me cry.
41. I'll be 30 in less than three months.
42. I'm an excellent cook - but only when I don't let having company over make me a nervous wreck in the kitchen. Then I'm a complete dunce. But if I'm comfortable enough around you, and not determined that I HAVE to make everything perfect, I make REALLY GOOD stuff.
43. I'm terrified of the dark. I keep a nightlight on in my room and the bathroom adjoining my bedroom.
44. I have no night vision what-so-ever. It's gotten so bad that I don't often drive after dark. This bad night vision may be part of the reason for #43.
45. Once I get to know you, I'm very outgoing and gregarious. But when I first am getting to know you, I'm very shy. For this reason, I hate large crowds. I feel like I'm going to smother in them.
46. At my sister's funeral, the person giving the eulogy kept saying our last name as "Hatcher". My mother had to practically sit on me to keep me from getting up and yelling at the preacher to get our name right. I guess I've always been pretty outspoken, even at the age of nine!
47. I haven't seen my brother in several years. He sent me a picture recently. I was so happy to get it! We're going to see him in March! YAY!!!!!
48. I don't like small, enclosed spaces. I once got stuck in an elevator at EKU when I was in middle school band camp. We were in there for what seemed like hours. I don't remember how long we were really in there, but I do know by the time we got out of there, I was alternating between laughing hysterically and crying.
50. Jamie's feet look just like his grandma's.
Now that I've reached 50, it will be a while before I can think of anything else to write.