Friday, April 16, 2010

An Ocean of Sadness

There is an ocean of sadness inside of me.
It ebbs and flows, ever changing, ever moving,
waiting to catch me unawares
and drag me under,
to force me to submit to the tears I hate to shed.
They are a weakness and I must be strong.
Days, sometimes weeks, will pass
when the ocean tide stays out.
I can laugh, love and live.
I can be the mother my son deserves.

But the silliest things will bring it roaring in.
A sad commercial.
A homeless dog begging at my door.
Newspaper articles.
A sudden memory.
And it crashes over me - washes away my will
to do anything but to hide in my home.
I feel too much
and drown in my tears.

2 comments:

ann said...

Just wanted to let you know I read it and I care. I know I'm not the only one.

Animal said...

Nope. She's not.