Monday, August 25, 2008

It's Been Too Long

Dearest Readers:

I apologize greatly for my absence from the blog. I’ve been “trolling the blog roll” every day to catch up on what everyone else is doing (beautiful boy, Lydia and Geron!), but I haven’t really felt compelled to write anything. I’m afraid I’m suffering from a severe case of pre-semester start-up laziness. Because I increased my school load back to full time hours and Jamie has moved into a higher level of competition in soccer (ergo, requiring more of a time commitment each week as opposed to last year – 1 ½ hr. practices 3x a week and games on Saturdays and Sundays this year, instead of 1 hr. practices 3x a week and a game only on Saturday or Sunday, not both, like last year), I have been reveling in my freedom and have spent my free time out and about with my boy rather than sitting in front of the computer to blog.

We do have some news for you, though. This weekend (Labor Day weekend, to be exact), Jamie and I are flying to Cincinnati, OH, for the (insert my last name here) Family Reunion. Jamie is quite excited as many of these people he has never met – well, at least not to his recollection. The last time I attended this particular family branch reunion, hewas still in diapers and barely able to walk around by holding on to the picnic tables and chairs! We’re flying out at 6 a.m. Saturday morning, and not getting back home until after 11 p.m. Monday night. I’m going to make Jamie sleep on the plane to catch some of the zzzz’s he’ll miss by us getting home so late. I would have booked an earlier flight, but I saved more than $200 by doing it this way. I figure one time getting to bed late won’t hurt him too much.

Nothing too exciting to report, other than the fact that Jamie is now wearing shoes that are only about 1 size smaller than mine. Seriously! I now steal his socks all the time because I like his better than mine. Maybe I’ll just start buying my socks in the boys’ department, too.

Love, hugs and safe travel this upcoming holiday to you all!

No comments: