Friday, August 29, 2008

Hectic Day, Hectic Weekend

Today after work, I get to pick up Jamie, rush to Wal-Mart to pick up the itty bitty tubes of toothpaste and toiletries we have to take with us on the plane, then be home by 6 p.m. for FedEx to deliver Jamie's new bed, which will lie in its boxes (all five of them!) in the garage until such time when I am able to drag it into the house, put the damn thing together and stain it. Luckily, we have a large second living room that is all but empty now which will act as workshop and staining center. Also luckily, Jamie's room has a set of double doors on one side we can use to move the bed in in one piece.

But I digress. I also have to do a quick load of laundry, pack our bags, gather up all 500 (it seems) prescription medicines Jamie takes on a daily basis, give the dog a bath (so he doesn't stink Rachel out of the house while we're gone), fix dinner (it may just have to be pizza night!), put Jamie to bed really really early, do homework, then crash for a couple of hours until I have to get up at 2 a.m. to get ready for the taxi to come at 3:30 to take us to the airport by 4 a.m., the dictated 2 hours prior to our 6 a.m. flight to Chicago, where we get to wait for three hours until catching our connecting flight to Cincinnati. Whew! Did you like that run-0n sentence? I'm thinking it may be easier for me to do what I did before the New York/Kentucky Thanksgiving trip - just not go to sleep that night while I get everything else done, then sleep on the planes.

Anyway, I hope you all have a fun and safe Labor Day Weekend!

No comments: