- Joel arrives tonight to spend a week helping me out with getting Dad's crap in order. I have managed to sell several items to get them out of the way so we can sell the house and land faster. Unfortunately, with the economy the way it is, I had to sell them at waaaay less than I had hoped. I've made just about enough to pay myself back for Joel's plane ticket and Dad's electric bill - both of which I paid out of my own (bare) pockets.
- I came to the realization that the last time I had been on an actual date was back before my son was born. However, I've also come to the realization that that's okay, because I don't have time for a relationship anyway. The longer I'm single, the more I wonder if I would mind so much if I stayed that way for the rest of my life. I've got my boy, I've got my dogs and I have my adopted family and friends whom I all love. I may just be okay with that.
- Work is going okay, I guess. The load has slowed down considerably, but we're still in business, and I still have a job, so that's better than what others are experiencing right now.
- Despite the fact that Jamie is off his ADHD meds completely, he seems to be doing okay in school. One grade has me mad that it's so low, but the others are two A's, a B and a C. I can live with that. At least, as long as the one bad grade comes up.
- We are in the middle of an extreme drought here in South Texas, and that has me worried. Once-thriving lawns are now dirt, ponds and creeks are going dry, and the forecast doesn't give any hope of rain for the foreseeable future.
- Despite the fact that I want the heck out of Texas, I may be stuck here for a while longer. The economy is tanking more and more elsewhere in the country, but here in Texas the economy is actually growing (albeit slowly). Also, Jamie's orthodontist has informed me he needs braces very SOON, and he'll have to wear them for two years. Need to get them soon so that problems with his jaw can be fixed before he gets so old that things can't be reformed. If we do it now, it's a lot less expensive and a lot easier time on Jamie painwise.
- I was determined to get rid of Buddy, Dad's little terrier. Took him back to the lady Dad got him from on Saturday, only for me and Jamie both to burst into tears and realize we made a mistake. We turned around and got him back. She's a professional dog trainer, so she gave me some training tips and advice on how to get Buddy to stop his bad behaviors. There have been some major improvements! I've been assured the biting and nipping problems will disappear with time, patience and treats.
- I'm really behind on my school work. Here mid-term exams are just around the corner, and I couldn't begin to tell you what we've covered so far this semester. I think I'll be happy with B's this semester, and won't stress if I don't have straight-A's. If I tried for that, I think I'd wind up killing myself or having a brain implosion. Not even going to worry about it, as there are too many other things needing my worries right now. :-)
That's all I can think of right now. And now it's time for me to run home and use my lunch break to scrub down the kitchen really good. Hugs and sugars to all.