Friday, October 17, 2008

Praise God and Thank You Tiffany!

So, some of you who read my blog read my latest rant, and may have read a comment from Tiffany, a super awesome lady I met at church and with whom I have maintained sporadic contact, offer to provide for Jamie to go to camp. Now, I can be a pretty proud person and stubbornly refuse help even when I desperately need it (c'mon, my first full sentence was "me do it meself". That set the tone for the rest of my life). However, when it comes to my kid, if I truly desperately need help and it's for his benefit, I'll suck it up and ask for help. So when Tiff offered, I wanted to graciously decline. But then there was Jamie, and Tiff pretty much told me she wouldn't take no for an answer. So I tearfully, not a bit of pride in me, accepted her generous offer. Thank you, God, for hearing my prayers for help, and Thank you, Tiffany, for helping me. You should have seen the huge, radiant smile on Jamie's face when I told him he would, indeed, get to go on the trip. Lots of love and hugs to you, Tiff! And love and thanks for your patience to my readers who have read my rants!

3 comments:

Tooz said...

Jennifer, I'm so glad Tiffany stepped in and helped you out. This is one of those occasions where we are entirely too far apart. I'm so glad God provides for special kids like Jamie. Love to you both, and another gracious thanks to Tiffany!

Anonymous said...

God is so good! Jamie, have an AWESOME time on the trip. Love you two.

Suze said...

I'm so glad he can go on the trip. I'm angry on your behalf at the school system for not providing what he needs.