Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Miss My Boy

While I have to admit that I'm really LOVING the fact that I got to sleep in until 7:45 this morning, and have a small, secret pleasure that I didn't have to spend 45 minutes telling Jamie to get his butt in bed last night --- still, I miss my boy! I'm counting the hours until I pick him up from school tomorrow.

I'm not the only one who misses him. Ziggy keeps wandering around the house, nosing open any door that is even partially closed, then running inside the room. Then he stops suddenly in the middle of the room, sniffs around, whines, tucks his tail between his legs, and leaves the room. Then he stands outside Jamie's room and whimpers, then looks at me like "Where's my boy?"

I'm wondering the same thing, Zig. But don't worry, he'll be home tomorrow. We'll see him in about 24 hours and 14 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about the field trip! I bet he's having an awesome time and will have story after story to tell. Enjoy your quiet morning tomorrow.

Suze said...

That's something that surprised me about parenting: the constant need to have a break that you're not getting, and then when you get that break, you're chomping at the bit to see said kid/s again!

I hope Jamie is having a blast :)