Friday, March 14, 2008

Quit Whining!

Okay, so to help myself get out of this foggy mental state in which I have been trapped, I decided to quit whining and give myself a list of things for which I am thankful. After all, I've been telling Jamie to "Quit whining!" a lot here lately; seems like I should take my own edicts to heart.

So - without further ado, my list of things for which I am grateful/thankful:
  • I have a wonderful son. Yes, he occassionally annoys the piss out of me, but for the most part, I have a darn good kid! He cracks me up and swells my heart with love and pride a million times each day.
  • In our currently-crapola economy, I have stable employment that, unless I screw up BIG TIME, will continue to provide me with a decent salary while many many many other people in this country don't have a job.
  • I have a roof over my head, and food to cook and put on the table for my household. See above for why, in the current state of our country's finances, this is a big thing to be thankful for. (Did I mention the economy is full of suck-age right now?)
  • I have a car to transport me all the places I need to go without fear that something will break in it at any given moment.
  • I have a fluffy, silly dog who is perfectly content just by being next to me (or preferably - to him - on my lap!)
  • Despite my mental fatigue, I am kicking a$$ in school. As of right now, my averages in Texas Government AND Constitutional Law are 100s! In Criminological Theory I have a more modest 94. Yay, me! LOL
  • This is the most important one of all - I am loved. Jesus loves me, and my family loves me, some biological, some of the heart. But regardless, I am very very VERY thankful that I am loved and can love in return.

Okay, so, I've wrapped up my list of things for which I am thankful. I'm sure I'll think of more things later, but these are the biggies. Happy weekend to you all!

2 comments:

Animal said...

Wonderful! And I'll bet you DID feel better afterward, right?

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

After my current blog post, I had to come back and re-read this post of things for which I am grateful. C'est la vie!