Here's what I've been up to that has prevented me from putting up any more posts:
- Two friends of Rachel's (adult brothers) and one of the guys' six-year-old son crashed in our living room for most of the month of January. Due to no jobs for over six months, they had no money to pay rent and got evicted. They recently got new jobs, but the apartment company (despite an offer from the new boss to pay back rent and a couple of months in advance) decided to kick them out anyway. So they stayed with us. Seven people in a two bedroom one bath apartment made life interesting. We all spent a lot of time outdoors - even though the weather turned nasty and everything wound up coated in a 1/2" sheet of ice . We didn't care. We had to go outside to think.
- School was supposed to start for me last week, but due to the housing situation and some other exciting news, I have yet to crack a book.
- Jamie's birthday was a week ago this past Saturday. I looked up and realized my little boy is being erased by the young man he's becoming.
- Speaking of birthdays, Joel's birthday was yesterday. Happy birthday, Bubby!
- Work has been grueling with lots of lengthy reports needing to be finished before I even begin them, if you know what I mean...
AND, THE MOST EXCITING NEWS OF ALL!
Saturday, Rachel, Destiny, Jamie, Ziggy and I moved into a four bedroom two bathroom house! A house, a house, my kingdom for a house! Yay!!! I have my own room again. I have my bed back. My dog gets to choose which person he wants to curl up with at night (last night he did half in Jamie's room, half in mine). The kids have their own spaces! Woo hoo!!!
Oh, and Rachel's friends? Don't worry about them. We finagled a deal with the apartment complex that they got to take over my lease for the last two months. And their boss is helping them out with the rent and searching for a house when the apartment lease expires.
So thank you, God, for your many blessings and the way things worked out. Otherwise, we couldn't have gotten the house until the end of March, and who knows if it would even be on the market still.