Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Five - Jamming Edition

Not too long ago, Jessi posted a Friday Five list of music that makes her immediately think of summer. This was a fine list. I was going to do my own summer music list, but instead I decided to do a list of the five songs that always ALWAYS make me crank up my radio and jam, whether I'm at home or in the car and no matter who I'm with. In no particular order, they are:

1. John Cougar Mellencamp - Jack and Diane




2. Soft Cell - Tainted Love




3. AC/DC - Shook Me All Night Long




4. Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me




5. Bowling for Soup - 1985



So, there you have it. Yes, I know I'm stuck in the past when it comes to music, but it seems like it was just so much better back then. So tell me, what are five songs that you just have to turn up the radio when you hear them?

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Oooh, this was a good one. I actually agree with every stinkin' one of yours, too. I would add: Summer of '69 (Yes, yes, I know) and The Night they Drove Old Dixie Down. Not that I hear that on the radio all that much...

ann said...

I love the first four, hadn't heard the fifth--what a video. But the first four are awesome. The radio makes me sad. I need to find some better stations in Music City. :-)