Thursday, July 26, 2007

Meme in Haiku

This meme appeared
on dear Monkey Mama's blog.
Here are my answers:

1. Prefer hot or cold?
When skies are sunny
and the temper'tures rising,
I dream of blizzards.

2. # of jobs you have had?
Secretary, gas
station clerk, reporter and
photographer, mom.

3. If you could do anything for work, what would you do?
I wish for a job
where I can read to my heart's
content and help kids.

4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Salty air, gulls cry
on a dancing breeze. Waves crash
at the lighthouse base.

6. Would you like to have a tattoo?
There is a reason
God made us all without ink
drawn on our bodies.

7. Dream vacation?
I should like to traipse
upon foreign shores, to see
the Emerald Isle.

8. Morning person or night person?
When the rooster crows
I find myself wanting to
throw something at him.

9. Favorite fruit?
Size of a softball -
juicy red interior,
sweet yet sour taste.

10. Country music or rock music?
It matters not if
music twangs, rattles or rolls,
but it must be good.

11. Pool or ocean?
I admit a pool
may be more sanitary,
but I love the sea.

12. Name of 1st pet?
Laughing red haired dog,
sweet Irish Setter "Chivas"
was my darling pet.

13. City person or country person?
I can't claim to be
either one or the other
so I will say "both".

14. Type of vehicle you drive?
Little black hatchback,
Rachel calls her "cockroach", but
I say she is cute.

15. Natural Hair color?
My tresses remain
as God intended: black, brown,
red, and now some gray.

16. How far do you live from where you grew up?
I live where I grow,
as one does not stop "growing"
at a certain age.

17, Favorite pizza topping?
Broccoli, chicken,
mushrooms, green olives, bacon,
and extra cheese, please!

18. Favorite ice cream?
Yes, I must confess
that if it is frozen and
creamy, I'll eat it.

19, Sugar or artificial sweetener?
I have always loved
sugar, but did not want to
gain weight, so Splenda.

20. Sunrise or sunset?
Clouds ripple, colors
soften and blend. I love
mauve and gold sunsets.

21. Favorite movie?
Jareth and Sarah,
The Bog of Eternal Stench.
Have you seen Labyrinth?

22. 1st name of your best grade school friend?
Inseparable
were Jenny and Jessica
that was in third grade.

>23. Are you still in touch with #22?
Different paths taken,
once best friends are now strangers.
No contact in years.

24. Conservative or Liberal?
The older I grow
the more I find my leanings
now lie in between.

25. Books or magazines?
If it is made of
paper, and words are on the
page, I will read it.

--------------------------------

Typically you find
in memes such as this that
someone must get tagged.

If you've read this blog
and have great love for haiku
then I'm tagging you.

2 comments:

Tooz said...

Very impressive
You can haiku your answers!
You're a genius!

ann said...

i loved those haikus
and thought to list some fav'rites
but then soon lost count of them